Because I like to have my development environment up to date, I recently installed the newest update to Azure Storage Explorer, which is marked with version 1.4.0. Some time later I opened it because I wanted to check some Table Storage entities stored locally and this is what I noticed:
For some reason, I lost access to my local account! This was the time when I got really anxious - nothing frustrates me more than updates, which break something. After experimenting a little bit, I found, that it is possible to restore access manually - by connecting to the local emulator:
This was something new as each previous installation of Azure Storage Emulator preserved my local settings. I believe, that it could be caused by the new feature, which allows you to configure ports, which Storage Emulator currently uses(as opposed to previously hardcoded 10000, 10001, 10002). Nonetheless, make sure, that with the newest update you have configured it manually, so you will not have to figure out for an hour what have happened.